Apr 29, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books you may like if you also like......

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by 

This weeks topic: Books you may like if you also like a certain TV show/Movie/Comic/Play/Music
(basically any form of entertainment)

In no particular order:

10 - The X-Men Movie Franchise
The characters in One and Two remind of the same vibe X-Men gives you.  If you like action and people with different strengths and abilities you will probably love them both like I did.




9- The Vampire Diaries

If you are are a fan of The Vampire Diaries I would strongly recommend The Lux series.  They are NOT vampire books, but again, the characters and personalities brought in the writing just remind me of something we could see on this show.


8 - Hart of Dixie

If you enjoy the southern roots of this show, you may also enjoy this fantastic bit of spicy southern love in 7 Day Fiance.

7 - Castle
If you enjoy solving mysteries with Castle, Beckett, and the rest of their friends, you may enjoy the antics brought on by the Women's Murder Club.  I entered this series when book 6 was out and #13 is out in May.  I am always excited to read each one as the come out.

6 - Taylor Swift

While reading Open Road Summer I thought a lot about Taylor Swift.  It's not a condition, and I'm not saying the girl in the book is based on Taylor at all, it was just something "I" thought about while reading.  I loved Open Road Summer.  (Review to come soon)
Open Road Summer

5- Rock and Roll Baby!


Okay, If I'm talking rock bands in general, you are going to get a picture of my favorite all time band.  If you are a fan of rock and roll bands and love them in your books, you are going to want to hit up Mutilate My Heart.  It is nothing short of awesome!



4 - Boy Bands 


One Direction gets the pic on this one because they are current, but if you are or have ever been a fan of a boy band, the book American Girl on Saturn is for you!  
(This cover has been recently updated so I decided to do a little side by side because I like both.)


American Girl on Saturn (Saturn, #1)American Girl on Saturn (Saturn, #1)


3 - Daughtry

Okay, Explaination time! 
1st ~ I LOVE the band Daughtry!  
2nd ~ I LOVED the book Crash Into You.  
3rd ~ I don't generally get songs popping into my head while I'm reading a book, like EVER. 
 So the fact that I had several Daughtry songs come to me while reading Crash Into You, is beyond the norm.  The 2 songs most notably  "Crashed" and "Waiting For Superman". Both of these will forever remind me of this book and if you love both of these elements, either the band or the book, either may be for you!



2 - Baseball

Take me out to the ball game and all that...I love sports in general, and although I sort of look at baseball as the national snoozetime, I still like books that have to do with pretty much any type of sport element.  If you are a baseball fan, or even if you are a little like me when it comes to the sport, you may really enjoy the book "The Practice Proposal".
The Practice Proposal (Suddenly Smitten, #1)

1 - HOCKEY

Now THIS is a sport!  
It's not much of a secret that I am a HUGE hockey fan, and I love not only the sport, the Minnesota Wild, and this awesome shot that you see above (it happened a week ago and was a game winner for the Wild) I love books that have an element of hockey in them.  I LOVE Toni Aleo's Assassins Series of Hockey Romance Novels and if you are a fan of either, these books are for you!  Now if you are thinking "Hockey Players aren't hot enough to be in a romance novel I would like to direct you to my friend Wendy Bennet's blog and her feature "Hot Hockey God Friday".  You will not be disappointed I assure you and you may think twice before thinking that hockey players are crooked nosed thugs that don't have any teeth!






Well, that's my top ten this week!  This is one of my favorite lists I think I have ever put together (and I almost skipped this week!) Leave me your links so I can see what you are doing this week on your top ten!

11 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to read One and Two, I heard so many great things about both and I also love the covers so much.
    I also still have to read Armentrout's books. I have a few but haven't started any.
    Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I'm going to have to check out Leigh Ann Kopans novels and all those James Patterson books. Thank you.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Leigh Ann's books! They are fantastic! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree Open Road Summer is very Taylor Swift. When I first started reading it, she's the first association that I could come up with that reminded me of ORS. I love how although we have a couple overlaps, that our list is so different. Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved seeing both of our lists! So much fun that we had some similar yet still different! Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. I definitely want to read Open Road Summer now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Open Road Summer. It was fantastic! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I almost skipped this one too- it was hard! Your list is great though! I have to admit, every time I see the cover for Open Road Summer, it screams Taylor Swift to me! Like, her songs should play throughout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed hard until I started working on it and then it was like "Boom! Done!" and it was including some of my most favorite entertainment things! Thanks for stopping by. I loved Open Road Summer. Give it a go!

      Delete
  6. I love Daughty! :) Such good songs.

    I have been wanting to read the Lux series for such a long time. It has a really cool premise and I hear nothing but good things about it!

    Great top 10 & thanks for sharing! xx

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete