Apr 21, 2014

Memory Lane Monday #4 ~ Eclipse Review

Memory Lane Monday is a feature that is hosted by 
Amber at Paradise of Pages 
and 

Amber and I have been talking about wanting to re-read some of our favorite books and how we feel like we never have time trying to keep up with the latest and greatest books for our blogs.  So, we came up with a great plan, let's start our own meme and get everyone else joining in on the re-reading fun as well!  We are, of course, still planning to keep up with current reads but we are intertwining old favorites at the same time.  

Here's how Memory Lane Monday will work:

  • Each week the co-hosts will trade off with recapping when it is a re-read or what they have heard so far about the book and the other co-host will put up their review. 
  • The participants can read anything that they remember reading in the past, or something that they have wanted to read that has been around for a while and just haven't gotten around to reading it yet for whatever reason.
  • Participants can decide if they want to recap the book before reading it or just put up a review of what they read.
  • Anyone can join in, just please link back to our blogs as well as add your name to the linky so we can hop around and see what everyone is reading.
  • Please put our banner on your post as well, so we all look the same!
  • We ask you kindly to follow BOTH of our blogs.
  • Most importantly remember to just have fun! :)

We will be providing each week a linky that you will be able use to link your posts for us and everyone else to see as well. All we ask is for you to put up our banner as well as a link back to both hosts on your post. 

We hope you enjoy doing this meme as much as I am sure we will!

This week my Memory Lane Monday read was:
Eclipse (Twilight, #3)

If you would like to read my thought before I read Eclipse from last week you can here.

So here's the thing, Eclipse is one of my favorite books ever.  I love the whole Twilight series but this book brings everything together so nicely that it all really could end here and I would be fine (although I would always wonder what happened so yippee for Breaking Dawn).

There is so much to love about this book.  Edward.  Jacob.  Bickering.  Edward and Jacob bickering.  Bad vamps coming after Bella.....again.  I enjoy watching the transition in Edward as he goes from not wanting Bella to have anything to do with Jacob to learning to find a happy medium between her visiting Jake and her feelings for her her safety.

One of my favorite passages comes after Bella punches Jacob for kissing her:

"If you ever bring her back damaged again - and I don't care who's fault it is; I don't care if she merely trips, or if a meteor falls out of the sky and hits her in the head - if you return her to me in less than the perfect condition that I left her in, you will be running with three legs.  Do you understand that, mongrel?"
Edward Cullen ~ Eclipse

  
Protective much Eddie?  The answer is yes, but I don't mind.  I think most girls would like to mean that much to a guy. 

The planning for Victoria's arrival as well as the Newborn Army is the focal for this book.  We also get more insight into the characters of Rosalie and Jasper.  Their back stories are always interesting to me.  

Chapter 22 of Eclipse is by far one of my favorite chapters in any book, EVER!  Fire and Ice is something I always look forward to when reading this book and once again, it didn't disappoint. This is the scene where Bella is freezing in the Tent on the mountain and Jacob has to come in to warm her up and he and Edward finally have a civil conversation.  Some of my favorite lines from this chapter and scene are:

"You'll be warm in a minute.  Of course, you'd warm up faster if you took your clothes off."
Jacob Black ~ Eclipse

"I'm feeling oddly grateful for your presence in her life tonight.  It was the least I could do...You know, Jacob if it weren't for the fact that we're natural enemies and that you're also trying to steal away the reason for my existence, I might actually like you."
Edward Cullen ~ Eclipse

I know a lot of people feel that they either need to side with who is best for Bella, Team Edward or Team Jacob, whichever the case may be (the whole "team" thing makes me shudder so you won't ever see me claim a team in any love triangle) I do always have a preference toward Edward, but I see both sides and I see that either guy is great for her.  I absolutely love hearing both of these statements from them:

"When I left you, Bella, I left you bleeding.  Jacob was the one to stitch you back up again.  That was bound to leave its mark - on both of you.  I'm not sure those kinds of stitches dissolve on their own.  I can't blame either of you for something I made necessary.  I may gain forgiveness, but that doesn't let me escape the consequences."
Edward Cullen ~ Eclipse

"I'm exactly right for you, Bella.  It would have been effortless for us - comforable, easy as breathing.  I was the natural path your life would have taken...If the world was the way it was supposed to be, if there wer no monsters and no magic..."
Jacob Black ~ Eclipse

I think this will continue to be my favorite book in this series.  I look forward to Breaking Dawn next, for the last week installment of our reread of this series.  

Next week's Memory Lane Monday:  My thoughts prior to reading Breaking Dawn.  

From this week on Amber and I will be on alternating weeks with our "before" and "after" thoughts.  We will also not be reading the same books at the same time after Breaking Dawn unless we decide on the same series again.  

Have you been thinking of rereading some old favorites?  Join in on Memory Lane Monday!  Enter your link so we can check out what you are all up to!

2 comments:

  1. Eclipse is my favorite in the series, too. I don't go into a book with a love-triangle with the intentions of picking a team, but I usually end up favoring one character over the other! I guess the choice is kind of made for me in a strange way, LOL. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Alma! I love Eclipse so much and it's nice to hear I'm not alone! You should read an old favorite and link in with us too! It has been fun! Have a great week!

      Delete