Apr 14, 2014

Memory Lane Monday #3 ~ New Moon and Eclipse

Memory Lane Monday is a feature that is hosted by 
Amber at Paradise of Pages 
and 
Kristalyn at The Sarcastic Palmtree

Amber and I have been talking about wanting to re-read some of our favorite books and how we feel like we never have time trying to keep up with the latest and greatest books for our blogs.  So, we came up with a great plan, let's start our own meme and get everyone else joining in on the re-reading fun as well!  We are, of course, still planning to keep up with current reads but we are intertwining old favorites at the same time.  

Here's how Memory Lane Monday will work:

  • Each week the co-hosts will trade off with recapping when it is a re-read or what they have heard so far about the book and the other co-host will put up their review. 
  • The participants can read anything that they remember reading in the past, or something that they have wanted to read that has been around for a while and just haven't gotten around to reading it yet for whatever reason.
  • Participants can decide if they want to recap the book before reading it or just put up a review of what they read.
  • Anyone can join in, just please link back to our blogs as well as add your name to the linky so we can hop around and see what everyone is reading.
  • Please put our banner on your post as well, so we all look the same!
  • We ask you kindly to follow BOTH of our blogs.
  • Most importantly remember to just have fun! :)


We will be providing each week a linky that you will be able use to link your posts for us and everyone else to see as well. All we ask is for you to put up our banner as well as a link back to both hosts on your post. 

We hope you enjoy doing this meme as much as I am sure we will!

This week I read 
New Moon (Twilight, #2)

You can read my Memory Lane thoughts from New Moon HERE.


This week's Memory Lane Reread Review  

New Moon


Where do I start with New Moon.....I spent a good portion of my week ticked off at one Edward Cullen!  I still think he's an idiot for thinking the way he does about leaving.  Frustrates the ever living crap out of me!  

I have several favorite parts of this book, one is at the beginning when Carlisle is stitching up Bella's arm.  Carlisle has so much wisdom because he has been alive for so many years that I look up to him as a wonderful father figure.  This is one of my favorite Quotes of the entire series as he and bella are talking about Edwards belief of the loss of his soul because he is a vampire:

"I look at my...son.  His strength, his goodness, the brightness that shines out of him~and it only fuels that hope, that faith, more than ever.  How could there not be more for one such as Edward?"
~Carlisle Cullen in New Moon

I do find myself getting sick of the "hole" in Bella's chest.  I get it, you feel like crap, but really, no one likes a constant complainer.  I really like how Jacob tries to pry out of her what is wrong so he can help her feel better.  He really is a good friend.  I appreciate more her friendship with Jacob each time I read this book. 

Alice is one character I didn't start feeling as much admiration for until this book.  I love when they are on the plane and she is talking with Bella about being turned and says:

"Actually Bella...She hesitated, and then seemed to make a choice.  "Honestly, I think it's all gotten beyond ridiculous.  I'm debating whether or not to just change you myself."
~Alice Cullen in New Moon

I still remember the first time I read that line and I felt like jumping up and down!  Bella had someone else on her side when it came to the argument of if she would ever become a member of the Cullen Family.  

I always enjoy the descriptive portion of their adventures in Italy.  As I said in my memories, it is one of my favorite parts of the entire series.  It was no less exciting for me this time around.  

Once Bella is home, with Edward, I love it when his clever little brain comes up with a way to get her to marry him before she is turned.  Who can resist this playful line as Bella is arguing that she is too young to get married:

"Well, I'm nearly a hundered and ten.  It's time I settled down."
~Edward Cullen in New Moon

All in all, New Moon was a fantastic read for me once again.  I am looking forward to Eclipse this week...my absolute favorite of this series!

Eclipse (Twilight, #3)


In the dead silence, all the details suddenly fell into place for me with a burst of intuition.

Something Edward didn't want me to know. Something Jacob wouldn't have kept from me...

It was never going to end, was it?


As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?





The Memories...


When I think of The Twilight Series, I think of Eclipse as my favorite book of the series.  I absolutely love the constant back and forth between Edward and Jacob and the mutual dislike (or dare I say hate) that they have for one another. 

I always look forward to the graduation party, the fact that Edward catches Bella with her double standards with him and Jacob (like the graduation present bracelet) and the one thing I look forward to more than anything in this book...the chapter titled "Fire and Ice".

Like I have said before, it's hard for me to remember a lot of the details when I read, so I look forward to reading the fight with the newborn vampires.  I have, of course, seen the movie several times now and I would love to compare the difference in what I read, with what I envision when I think of that part.

There is a lot to look forward to this week and I can't wait to report back to you with my notes after enjoying the 3rd and favorite installment of mine in the Twilight series.



That's it for me this Monday.  I will be back in a week to tell you all my new feelings on Eclipse! Let me know what you are up to this week and join in with us if you are reading an old favorite on Memory Lane Monday!

1 comment:

  1. great review as always :) I really need to start keeping track of my favorite quotes as I read. It would make certain parts easier to explain for me!!

    ReplyDelete