Jan 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by 

This weeks topic:
Top ten things on my reading wishlist
(things I wish I could make authors write for me i.e type of character, issue, time period, plot, etc )

These books surely exist in some form, but these may be closer to books I would like to read or see more of.

10 - Bullying.  I think there is a lot of this at every age level even in adults.  I would love to see how more people act and handle these sorts of situations.  

9 - This one is coming from 16 year old Banana, he says he wants more books "set in the now!" The year we live in or the near future.  Give him some technology! 

8 - People looking for something other than love.  I like a good romance as much as the next gal, but I would love to read more books about someone following their heart and going for what they really want in life that didn't have to revolve around finding love.  

7 - Everyday Heroes.  I think the everyday heroes we have all around us could use a lot more love!  Most of these people are willing to put their life on the line for someone else, police officers and firemen especially.  I would love to read something from the point of view of a fireman, inside a fire, what it's like, maybe even telling us what in the world would possess someone to walk into a burning building to save someone they don't even know?

6 - Southern Belles.  I love the old South.  I have grown even more fond of it since moving here 15 years ago.  Give me some old pre-civil war era Southern belles and their lifestyle.  I think I would enjoy more of that.  


5 - Famous people thrown back into "real life" and being forced to live like the rest of the world.  Take away all the fame and fortune and see what they do with their life.

4 - Banana wants more dystopian and futuristic.  He's read The Hunger Games and Divergent. Anyone have any other similar suggestions for him?  It would be welcomed!

3 - Music Related Books.  Give me rock bands, boy bands, solo artists, producers, the ugly side, the glam side I just want more music!  If I can read a book and want to listen to the fictitious soundtrack, you have done your job well!

2 - MORE FUN CHILDREN'S BOOKS!  This is one the whole gang agrees on.  I got "The Day the Crayons Quit" for Christmas and we laughed so hard we want more, more, more!  Being raised on Eric Carle makes me a huge lover of kids books and I want more really cute fun stories for Children.

1 - Hockey.  I can't get get enough hockey.  I have found and read a few, but honestly there will never be enough hockey books for me (unless that's all there are.  Then, I may need a bit of a change up)  I do enjoy other sports books but anyone that can incorporate hockey into a book would win my heart!




That's it for me!  What kind of books do you wish there were more of or what do you like to read most? 





10 comments:

  1. Great ideas. I love the idea of more southern belles. I love Gone With the Wind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love the old south? Thanks for stopping by! I'll be visiting you as well.

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  2. Hockey would be a great topic to see more of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! Another hockey supporter! Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  3. I can see you covering all those areas easily for me....so get crackin! Lol j/k thanks for your comments. It was a fun list to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with #5. I love reading about how famous people have to adjust. Also, I would like more dystopian and futuristic novels, too. Great list!
    Check out my TTT list: http://booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm a little burned out on dystopian. Futuristic I do enjoy however. Thanks for stopping by. I loved your list as well.

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  5. I would definitely be interested in reading about some southern belles! GWTW is one of my favorites.

    Similar to THG: Battle Royale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who doesn't love a sassy Southern Belle? Thanks for the rec on Battle Royale and thanks for stopping by.

    Kristalyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost put bullying on my list. I want to see more books on the topic but at the same time so many of the ones out there are so bad I'm convinced that the author which wrote them were never bullied a day in their lives.

    ReplyDelete